Inspiring the love of learning, creating & friendships
Director/Teacher Gillian Smith
Teacher Tess Tessorero
Teacher Katie Marquis
As a mother, Gillian understands the importance and value of finding a program that provides a warm, loving, fun and explorative environment for the child and a sense of security and peace of mind for the parent.
Gillian opened Brighton Preschool in 1995. Previously she was a preschool teacher at Marin Day Schools.
Among her many qualities, Gillian:
- Loves preschoolers and helping them learn and discover.
- Holds a Bachelor in Fine Art from the School of Visual Art in New York.
- Designs some of the most fun and creative art projects every day.
- Loves helping children express themselves through art.
- Taught 1st-5th grade art at Ocean Shore Elementary School.
- Has 60 Early Childhood Education units from Cañada College and Skyline College.
- Has taken teacher training with the California Academy of Sciences and uses the exciting CAS preschool science curriculum.
- Loves having fun with the Pre-K children with the phonic reading and math games.
- Is a great believer in having the children running and using those large motor skills with Zoorobic alphabet games.
- Requires that Brighton Preschool meets the highest of preschool standards.
Has a Master of Arts in Education and a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education.
She has 45 years experience in teaching.
Tess owns an elementary school in the Philippines and educates 300 students a year.
Tess came to Brighton from All About Me Montessori Preschool.
Before working at Brighton Preschool, Katie spent the last ten years working at Wilkinson Elementary School. She was the aide with the Kindergarten and 1st Grade students for 3 years and taught 2 years in the 2nd and 3rd grade classroom. Katie has chaperoned children throughout Europe as part of a Social Studies program. Katie has also taught drama, PE, and gardening.
Before teaching, Katie spent the bulk of her time being a lifeguard, swimming instructor, and a swim team coach. It was through teaching swim lessons that Katie discovered how much she loved working with children.